The Associates for Counseling and Educational Services (ACES)
ACES is a comprehensive Psychology and Psychiatry Practice located in Doylestown and Ardmore, PA. Founded by John Shanken-Kaye, Ph.D., ACES specializes in the assessment and treatment of children, adolescents and adults throughout the life-span. Since 1989, Dr. Shanken-Kaye has sought and retained professionals in psychology and counseling, neuropsychology, forensics, school psychology, psychiatry and group and family psychology to build what is now acknowledged to be the premier mental health practice in the Bucks and Montgomery County region.
Specializing in Previous Treatment Failures
Research shows that the most important factor in therapeutic success is the quality of the relationship between the client and the therapist. Often therapy fails because the client just cannot feel any connection. Patients who claim "therapy doesn't work" often state that the therapist was distant, non-communicative, or just did not seem to understand the client's problems. Every therapist at ACES is chosen, not only for the highest level of competence, but also for their friendliness, sense of humor, and for being "down to earth." The most frequent comments we hear from clients is how friendly and home-like the entire atmosphere of ACES feels. We are expert at connecting the right therapist to every client; children, adolescents, adults, couples and families.
ACES Expertise Includes
- Psychological Services for All Life Problems From Infancy to Older Adults
- Psychological Testing and Neuropsychological Assessment for School, Court, Head Injury, Insurance and Disability.
- Complete Forensic Services Including Child Custody Evaluations and Criminal Court Evaluations.
- Psychiatrist On-Staff
- Specialists in Treating Children and Assessing Adults with Learning and Personality Differences Including ADHD, Asperger's Syndrome, and Learning Disabilities.
- Experts in Family Issues including Marriage and Couples Counseling, Divorce and Child Custody Issues, Family Therapy.
CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT THE EMPOWERMENT GROUPS WE OFFER.
Our Exceptional Staff:
John M. Shanken-Kaye, Ph.D.
Williard J. Shanken, M.D.
Eric Weinstein, Psy.D
Kristen F. Dudley, Psy.D.
Susan Kuczura, Psy.D.
Sherry S. Pearlstein, Ph.D.
Christine Marston, Ph.D.
Mary G. Brownsberger, Psy.D., ABPP
Kasey M. K. Black, Ph.D.
Dawn Robin Miller, M.S.Ed., N.C.C.
Lauren E. Holmes, Ph.D.
Edward Hayduk, M.S.
Brandie Tallman Arnold, Psy.D., NCSP
Dawn H. Haaz, Psy.D.
Samantha Lohr, M.Ed.
Jennifer Bedford, Office Manager
Becky Bailey, Administrative Assistant
CLICK HERE TO READ THE LATEST PSYCHOLOGY ACES NEWSLETTER
NEW 2014 WORKSHOPS LISTED!
ILLNESS and INCLEMENT WEATHER
200 S. Clinton St.
Doylestown, PA 18901
123 Coulter Ave.
Ardmore, PA 19003